Monday, August 16, 2010

email recieved August 16, 2010

To start off, I need to give you my apartment address. I realized that all letters and packages that are sent to me could not get to me until Zone conferences or even Transfer Meetings (as long as 6 weeks. :S) So, send to:

105 McMaster St. #101
Bath, NY 14810

This week has been... crazy. I have had, for the last few days, such a hard time adjusting to Bath. It's a small town full of crazy people, drunk people, and half-houses/safe-houses. In other words, I am in a very uncomfortable situation. Every day I have walked out of the house, I have had feelings of anxiousness, not knowing if some random person is going to pull a gun or shout profanities or whatever. I didn't know what to do, and it was affecting my spirituality.

One night, Elder Hunt called. As the AP, he was calling all of the new missionaries, checking up on them for the last few days. I didn't tell him I was struggling with these things because I figured it would blow over as time passed. I told him everything was going great and we ended the call. I then got a strong feeling that I needed to call back and tell him what has been going on. So, I picked up the phone and called him back. Embarrassed, I explained the situation to him. It was almost as if he knew I was hiding something because he didn't even skip a beat with his response. He reassured me that everyone goes through the same thing and I needed to study Chapter 6 in Preach My Gospel. It's all about Christlike Attributes. He told me to focus on Charity & Love. At first, I was very skeptical about this. How could reading something suddenly help me feel better?

Knowing that Elder Hunt knows what he's talking about and being prompted by the Spirit to do so, I began to study. In a sense, I was right. I didn't suddenly feel better. Gradually it came. By the end of studying that topic thoroughly, meaning hours spanned across days, I felt relief and peace. Since that moment, I have felt that I need to study every attribute and gain a testimony that it truly will affect my life. I called President Christianson and asked if he could enlghten me further. He told me exactly what Elder Hunt told me and that was why I needed to be here. The Spirit prompted me to pray for confirmation that this is where I need to be, and that is what I did. Mom, I know God answers prayers because He has answered mine. I feel at peace. I feel comfort and relief. I feel a want, more or less, to be in Bath. I also realized that President Christianson has made me feel at home here in this mission. I called him and left him message, thanking him for making me feel welcome and feeling like I am part of a family. He called me back shortly after and thanked me for the message and told me he loved me a lot. He said he needed my faith in this area. I don't know yet what he means by that, but I do know I will find out. I love President Christianson. He means so much to me already.

Which reminds me! Could you send me that CD of him you bought me? Could you also send any other things you can find by him? Books, CDs, etc? Elder Bryson has a CD of his that I have listened to and I like it. :) That would be awesome! :) I'm not looking for anything specific, just stuff by him.

I love you so much! How was hanging out with Todd and Deanna? How are they doing? I also will be sending pictures sometime... I'm gonna fill it up a little more. Did you copy all of those pictures I sent onto the computer? I assume that is what you do every time. If so, I will delete it all off my memory card. Thank you so much for your love and support!

Your Son,

No comments:

Post a Comment