Tuesday, August 3, 2010

last weeks email

Dear everyone!
My first week of the MTC!!! How fantastic!!!
I have truly loved it since I got here. It has been such a blessing to me! My companion, Elder Elrey, is a fantastic example of someone who absolutely loves to work. My district here in the MTC is PHENOMENAL!!! Their spirit is so strong and their knowledge and insight in the gospel is outstanding. I have already learned so much - about feeling the spirit, about knowing the doctrine, and about loving all those I come in contact with. It's amazing how the Lord blesses each of our lives if we just do the simple things; if we pray, read the scriptures, know it is true, believe with all your heart to be true, live what you know, love what you know, and share all you know, the Lord blesses our lives far beyond our comprehension.

In all honesty, I haven't felt very homesick. Rather, I felt right at home with all these Elders: Elder Elrey (my companion), Elder Fitt, Elder Wilson, Elder Decker, Elder Stoker, Elder Kupfer (my District Leader), Elder Bohn, Elder Mortenson and Elder Valgardson. The first 5 named missionaries are going with me to the New York Rochester Mission. The last four, unfortunately, are going to Orlando, Florida. Not that there mission isn't as cool as ours (though it isn't :P ), but I've created such a brotherhood with all my district, and it is going to be hard to not see them for 2 years.

I have been absolutely blessed with the opportunity to serve a mission! I love you all! For those of you preparing to serve missions, here are some tips for the MTC:
#1 - Hit the ground running. Never get distracted by the things you left behind. When you get that tag, you are immediately called to the Lord's work. The Lord works fast and with purpose and with power. Be ready for the challenge.
#2 - Don't expect to take everything in. They WILL throw a lot of information on you the very first day you enter. It doesn't slow down. Remember that when you feel like you can't do it. "For with God, nothing is impossible."
#3 - Love your companion. Love your district. Be ready to create a bond with them like you never have before. If you do, coping with the previous tips makes it a lot easier and more fun to do what you're supposed to do.
#4 - Prepare to grow. Somewhere in 1 Corinthians 13 states what every missionary should do to understand the value and virtue of the Lord's work.

Here in the MTC, we are given 30 minutes to right a crazy fast email. My fingers are cramping, but my love for all of you grows. I want to hear from all of you as soon as I can. I love you all so much.

Sincerely,
Elder Adair

Dear Mom,

Seeing that I only have 30 minutes to write emails in the MTC, I would prefer to send you letters. I have much more time to think and write what I intend to say. It's been a crazy week for you guys and me! Letter should come today.

Your Son,
Elder Adair

No comments:

Post a Comment