Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday Aug 3rd! Finally an email!

Hello everyone!
So, last week, the email system was being a little strange. It wouldn't let me send any emails... :( I was bummed, but now I get to send both today!

It has been a fantastic time here at the MTC! Our district just recieved our travel plans! We leave the MTC at 4 AM Monday morning. WOOF! What makes it interesting is that I am the travel leader - this means I am responsible to get 12 elders and sisters (including myself) from the Provo MTC to Rochester, NY. No pressure... haha! I'm so excited! In six days, I start the work! We have a layover in the Chicago/O'Hare airport for 3 hours, so we are going to jump right into the work and contact as many people as we can. Our goal is 50 for our entire group! We'll see what happens. It turns out that there is one spanish-speaking elder serving in Rochester as well. Elder Elrey and I met him yesterday. He's a very cool guy and is very excited to find that he is not the only Rochester elder. Ha!

I have had so many good experiences while I've been here, though. I have learned how to recognize and be taught by the spirit more than ever before in my life. At first, I was very confused as to what I was feeling. My branch president (President Creer) directed me to Chapter 4 in Preach My Gospel. There is a whole table which outlines just some of the many ways the Spirit bears witness in your life, along with scriptures to prove it. It was my assignment to read through this list and prayerfully study each scripture. It has already blessed my live in so many ways! :) I have also increased my love for our Savior. I have always had a testimony for the Atonement, but this past week, I have learned how that sacrifice was personally for me. I can not thank him enough in words for what he did for me, and I know I can't make up for that through my deeds. From this, I've learned how vitally important it is to stay strong in his gospel and to keep his commandments continually.

I hope everything at home is well! Like I said, I officially leave home on Monday. That will be a great day! Next email is from New York!!!

Loves!
Elder Sean Ryan Adair

No comments:

Post a Comment